Thursday, April 11, 2013

186th Entry


April 13th, 2037

1030

Dear Space Diary

“Ok, well, I’m all set. Goodnight.”

Wait. I’m coming too.

“Really? You’re going into suspended animation?”

Mm. Well there’s nothing really left to do. I’ve spent the last week doing nothing but saving people’s lives. To be honest, I’m tired. 3 and half weeks in suspended animation sounds just the ticket.

“4 weeks.”

3 and a half. I’m an early riser. And it’ll give me a chance to clean the ship etc.

“I didn’t know you cleaned.”

Hey.

1111

“I said, hold still.”

It’s pretty uncomfortable in here. I don’t know I’m going to be able to get to sleep.

“It’s suspended animation. What do you want, a fluffier pillow?”

Yes please.

“Hold still.”

I don’t sleep well at the best of times. How am I going to sleep with all these tubes?

“That’s what the tubes are there for. Hold. Still.”

Tubes provide sleep?

“They provide food and… anti-food. You get gassed to sleep. Charming I know. Aaaaaand… done. How do you feel?”

I feel ow.

“Excellent. Ok, you’re on five minute timer. It’ll count down and slowly release the sleeping agent into your system. When you awake, we’ll be home.”

Unless we’re inside the sun.

“If we are inside the sun, you will not awake.”

This does not reassure me.

<CLICK>

“Ok you’re all set. Now, the pod is soundproof, so when I close the mghrl fghrl bllgrghl.”

Sorry, Mary, I didn’t catch that.


Hello?

Ah, the door’s closed. I’ll just open it and ask what she said.

…There’s no open switch from the inside.

I’m trapped inside a tiny, tiny box with no way out unless Mary realises I’m trapped and lets me out. And I can’t tell her this because it’s sound proof. Why would you make a suspension pod sound proof?! Were you worried they’d snore? Thank goodness Mary wasn’t trying to tell me anything important or anything!

Ok, calm down. You don’t really want to spend your time panicking before you’re rendered unconscious.

…That doesn’t calm me down. Ok think, think. Stay calm. Mary did this before and she was fine. What would she say right right now?

She’d say ‘mghrl fghrl bllgrghl.’

But if I could hear her, she’d say ‘Be calm.’ So let’s be calm. Deep breaths.

…wow, that actually worked. I never knew deep breathing actually did calm you down. Or maybe it’s the gas coming out of that vent.

Oooooh, that feels good. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Wow. Starting to feel drowsy. What happens if they used too much? Probably won’t wake up for centuries. If I wake up at all…

Hehehehehehehe. This gas is REALLLLLY good. Almost makes it a shame that I’m going to have to –

May 6th 2037

0654

- go to sleep soon.

Oh well, guess I better settle back, get ready for sleep. It can’t be that far off.

Aaah. This gas really clears your head. Or fills it. I’m confused.

Hehe, look at that clock. It can’t spell April.

No comments:

Post a Comment