Monday, April 22, 2013

190th Entry


May 9th, 2037

1013

Dear Space Diary

Thank heavens they’ve gone. The creepy marine guy told the differently creepy intern to guard me at first, then changed his mind and told him to search for any clones on board. They don’t seem to have told them how many. He may even be expecting 200.

He’ll be a little disappointed when he discovers those last two zeros are unnecessary.

They don’t seem to be clued in that we were using the sleep pods. I don’t think the marine guy got too many orders beyond “secure the cargo,” since he keeps repeating it at the intern whenever he asks any questions.

They don’t seem to have any specific orders about me. That’s either good, or very, very bad. I heard the word disposable before. I really hope they weren’t talking about me.

The intern at least seems like a good, if stupid, person. He tied me up as ordered, but he didn’t look happy about it. And he slipped me a NASA nutrient brick when we weren’t being watched.

Of course, since my hands are both tied to this cupboard here, by slipped, I mean he stuffed it in my mouth.

…Urgh. I’m pretty sure this nutrient brick is cold dry nutritional paste that they’ve cut into brick form. NASA must really not like their interns.

Maybe he wasn’t being nice. Maybe he just wanted me stop talking.

So. This all kind of sucks bigtime. I honestly thought we were home free. I was working on talking Mary out of breaking into NASA, at least until we’d found somewhere to keep 3.0 safe. I’m not sure how smart it was letting her come back with us. If NASA get her, surely they can make more clones for whatever their nefarious purposes are.

I suppose I could make the same argument and letting Mary come back.

Hmm.

They’ll find them any minute now I –

VEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

“Who were you talking to?”

What? No one.

SLAP

“Who were you talking to?”

Ow! Stop that. I… I was talking to myself.

“Why?”

At this point? Habit.

“Why?”

Ugh. NASA asked me to keep a voice log of everything I did. I’ve kind of gotten used to it.

“You are guilty of 27 crimes of treason against NASA and their client. Do you honestly think they care what you have to say at this stage?”

Well, given we’ve successfully beaten them at every turn, yes. I gather they’d be very interested.

SLAP

“Good point.”

Did you just come in here to slap me or did you need something?

“Where are they?”

Where are who?

“The clones. Where are they? How many am I looking for?”

What clones? We got them all off the ship weeks ago. A few stayed but… but I lost them.

“You are lying. These engines do not function without a clone presence.”

We fooled them.

“How?”

With about 200 oranges.

“200 oranges.”

And an avocado.

“So our search –“

Is fruitless.

SLAP

“Ha.”

No comments:

Post a Comment