Monday, June 15, 2015

202nd Entry

June 1st, 2037

1030

Dear Earth Diary.

Just finished the meeting with my lawyer. To be honest I’m not entirely convinced he’s the right man for the job. Except the job is apparently “get me convicted” so maybe he is.

The meeting consisted entirely of him sitting in the corner reading the newspaper until he’d been there long enough to charge overtime on his bill to NASA. I know this because he told me this when he sat down. Occasionally he would glance over at my direction and burst out laughing.

Still, I’m not bothered. Mary has given me hope. All I have to do is trust her, and wait. Soon we’ll be out of there.

I just need to wait.

1043

I am so bored.

1400

Are we free yet?

1500

Nothing’s going to happen today. Maybe I’ll take a nap.

1509

“You awake, prisoner?”

Now I am.

“Message for you from M.”

Who’s M?

“I probably shouldn’t say her name all at once.”

What’s the rest of her name then?

“…Ary. Message. Read it.”

Thank you. … ’June 10th, 1503, give or take.’ What does that mean?

“It sounds like a date and time.”

I would never have worked that out.

“Don’t be so hard on yourself.”

Anything else?

“Yes. Sign here.”

It’s not a death warrant, is it?

“No it’s fine. I just need you to sign it.”

Fine. Whatever. Do you have a pen?

“Sure.”

…What is this?

“It’s my limited edition supanovey fun pen.”

How is this more fun than a regular pen?

“It’s got ‘fun’ written on it.”

How wonderful.


Um, where is the writing bit?

“Oh it’s here. Now just twist the third leg that way twice and –“

Yeah, yeah. I got it. Here.

“Thank you.”

Don’t mention it.

“My daughter is going to be so thrilled.”

June 2nd, 1037

1100

Dear Earth Diary.

Another meeting with the lawyer. This time he stood outside the cell and counted the money in his wallet. At least he wasn’t laughing at me this time.

I checked out the star again last night. It was still there. Still a star. I thought for a second it had blinked off, but it was probably me that blinked, not it.

No word from M. Ary today, I’ll just have to assume the plan is in motion. And continue to wait.

I tried tapping to see if 3.0 was there but nothing. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.

So. Waiting. That’s me. Waiting patiently.

1800

Still waiting. Less patiently.

June 3rd, 2037

0900

Dear Earth Diary

“Good morning, Guilty!”

Will you stop calling me that?

“Just saving some time.”

Oh go away. I don’t care if you want to bill them for the meeting, just leave me alone.

“I’m pretty sure you want me here today.”

I really don’t.

“Fine. Defend yourself.”

What?

“Your trial. It’s starting.”

What? Let’s go!


“Soon. Funny Story: did you know late people are usually guilty?”

No comments:

Post a Comment