Wednesday, July 8, 2015

209th Entry

June 4th, 2037

1334

Dear Earth Diary

"Well, what's on the other side?"

I haven't gone through yet.

"Well, go through!"

...In a minute.

"Are you alright?"

I'm fine. I've just been seized by foreboding.

"Really."

Yeah.

"Wow... Four of them?"

Ok fine I'm going in.

CREEEEAAAAAAAAAAAKKKK

Well that was more ominous than necessary.

"It certainly was!"

Ok look, when I do this whole talk to myself thing, it's rhetorical. I don't need a response.

"Right you are!"

Just... I dunno, guard the door. I'll sneak in and take a look around.

"Ok! Leave it us."

Stay on alert. Don't let your guard down.

"Lunch break, boys!"

1340

I think that was the largest cheer a secret stealth mission has ever given.

Still, negotiating with each other to trade lunches is at least keeping them busy, so I can finally get some piece.

Right. Here goes. No time for fear. This could be it. The time for bravery is now.

1344

Right now. Here and now. No delay. Gotta keep moving.

1358

Here goes.

1404

Well it’s pretty dark, but it could be an evil clone lab.

It’s very… shelvy. Wall to wall shelves. Floor to roof shelves.

Shelves.

I can see any sciency equipment, or even anything that could be used like those clone vats we found on Splat. Just… shelves. Far as I can see.

Maybe this isn’t an evil clone lab. Maybe it’s just an evil set of shelves.

Or even regular shelves. I dunno. They’re covered in boxes. They don’t look especially evil but I suppose there could be evil things inside them.

1409

Managed to find an (evil) crowbar after some hunting. Now to pry the evil nails from the evil box and see what’s inside.

CRACK. THUMP.

Right. Can’t especially delay it any longer. Time to…

Oh my.

I found it. I found them.

Hello Mary.

1420

Checked out some of the other boxes. All the same, all filled with Marys.

They don’t seem to be alive. Certainly not breathing, but then they didn’t really seem dead either. They were just… dormant I guess. Waiting for something.

Waiting for what? Ask someone who’s isn’t desperately trying not to think about that.

I didn’t rummage around too much (I’ve seen enough horror movies to know where that leads) but I did spy a few tubes so at a guess they’re being kept fed and watered using the same sort of feeding tubes I… enjoyed… back in the spaceship. I don’t miss those at all.

They’re also very um… under dressed. I’m trying not to think too hard about that either.

Really trying not to think about that.

Nope. Definitely not thinking about it.

…Maybe I should check some more of them just to make –

“Oh be more pathetic. Please.”

Hello, Mary.

“Hello, you.”

Glad you’re ok.

“Glad you’re not thinking about me naked.”

I wasn’t, I was –

“Thinking about me naked, except younger and more attractive?”

There’s no safe answer to that is there?


“Nope.”

No comments:

Post a Comment