Monday, July 20, 2015

212th Entry

June 4th, 2037

1603

Dear Earth Diary

That’s the last of them. Thank you so much.

“It’s just my job mate. Don’t go all teary eyed. Sign here.”

There you are.

“And here.”

Certainly.

“And in these 12 other places.”

…Ah.

1613

“First pet’s name?”

Mr. Rock.

“Species?”

Rock.

1627

Photo ID?

“I’ve got my employment card.”

Great. Just scan that here… and sign here.

1711

Julia.

“And if she had kept her maiden name?”

…Still Julia.

1809

“And lastly –“

HA!

“….Sign here.”

Fine. Fine. Are we done?

“We’re done. Here’s a copy for your records. Sign here.”

Ugh.

“Please accept these complimentary Fed Ex bumper stickers, as well as this numbered collector’s pen.”

Thank you.

“That’ll be 50 cents for the pen.”

…Fine.

“Very good, Sir. Thank you for your custom. If Fed Ex can ever help you with your delivery needs, just let us know. Remember, ‘Why be fed up with waiting, when you can be Fed Ex?’”


“…”


“…That was mine. I came up with it.”

I can tell.

1815

Is he gone?

“Yes.”

Is he actually gone?

“Yes.”

Saviour of the world, right there.

“Be nice. He just works there.”

Hmm. Well, at least we got the Mary’s out of there. Now what?

“You mentioned teeth kicking. But first there’s something very important we have to do.”

The lab?

“Exactly. I don’t want to leave any possibility of them starting this up again, with me or anyone else. We have to shut it down.”

What did you have in mind?

“I propose hitting everything really hard with a crowbar.”

I can get behind that.

“Oh, but there is one thing.”

What?

“One of us is going to have to kill 3.0?”

…No. No, you can’t be serious.

“I am. I’m not being heartless. I really, really don’t want to do this. But she’s a brain in a jar. We can’t take her out of the lab without killing her. As long as she’s there, everything we just did is meaningless. If they can get even one more clone out of her, then they’ve won.”

But…

“We have to kill her. We have to.”

1820

So, thank you for your help guys.

“Can’t we stay? We want to help save the universe!”

I know, and believe me I appreciate it. It’s nice to have people on my side. But from here on out we’re going to be doing some seriously illegal stuff. I’m already convicted. But I don’t want you guys to get in trouble.

“Oh.”

Plus we kind of want to be quiet. It’s difficult for 49 people to be quiet.

“We can be really quiet, can’t we boys!”

“YOU BET!!”

“…Ok I take your point.”

Thank you. Really, I mean it. I couldn’t have done this without you helping me escape. Thank you, all of you.

“Don’t mention it.”

“You can do it!”

“Kick NASA’s butt!”

“We love you space guy!”

“I hold a deep affection for you.”

You’re ok I guess!”

No comments:

Post a Comment