Wednesday, December 12, 2012

173rd Entry


April 4th, 2037

0648

Dear Space Diary

…MARY!!!!!!

0650

MAAAARRRRYYY!!!

“Ouch, quiet down. What is it?”

Did you delete solitaire?

“What?”

Did you delete Solitaire?

“No! At, least, I don’t think I did…”

You don’t think?

“Well, I was deleting a whole bunch of things. Tracking data, my cloning notes. Anything I didn’t want NASA to see.”

And you thought a card game might be our downfall.

“Give me some credit.”

Did you just delete solitaire?

“Maybe.”

Then you shall have no credit.

“If I did, it was an accident. I’m really sorry. I know you love that game.”

Sigh. It’s ok. Don’t feel bad.

“Are you just saying that?”

Yes.

“Should I feel bad?”

Oh yes.

“…So what are you going to do for 5 weeks?”

Oh don’t worry, I’ll have plenty to do while you’re in subsidised animation.

“Suspended.”

Whatever. I’ll think of something. There’s more to me than solitaire, after all, ha ha!

“Ha ha!”

Yes.

0649

I am so bored.

0730

Mary’s just about ready to go in to expanded animation.

“Suspended! It’s not that hard.”

3.0’s asked to be put in too. We’ll get her out of the tank shortly and set her up too. After she’s had a shower.

“Hey!”

And then it’ll just be me.

On my own.

For 5 whole weeks.

Just like I wanted.

Whooooo.

0735

There’s plenty to do.

Better to be a little bored than play around anymore with NASA’s weird technology. I could never wake up. Or wake up green with six heads. Who knows what black magic it uses?

Ok get a grip. It’s science.  It’s not evil just because you don’t understand it.

0745

Science will get me while I sleep.

0800

You ready?

“Come on, get me out of here!”

I feel like we should make a speech or something.

“Less talking! More getting-me-out-of-this-tank…ing”

Maybe you shouldn’t give the speech.

“Ha ha. Come on, get me out.”

CLICK

SPPPPPPLLLLAAAAAASSSSHHH

Welcome back.

“Great. Can I have a towel please? And some clothes that aren’t completely soaked?”

Sure, we got some ready for you.

“Great!”

Er, you might want to wait before you get –

“What?”

…Nothing.

“Why are you staring at that wall duct?”

I find it quite fascinating.

“Could you hand me my clothes?”

…No.

“Oh! I think I worked it out.”

Good to hear.

“Would you like to come back when I’m less naked?”

That’d be great, thanks.

“Can you send Mary in? It’s nothing she hasn’t seen before, since it’s hers.”

Sure.

“I really don’t have a problem with it, you know.”

I sort of do.

“You’re either a gentleman, or just kind of weird.”

I think probably both.

0815

“Hey, she out?”

Oh she’s out alright.

“Right ok. Is she doing ok?”

Yes, she’s ok. Drying herself. Getting change. With no shame.

“No shame? …Ah! She hasn’t learnt about this whole modesty thing yet.”

No, she hasn’t.

“Felt a little uncomfortable?

Yeah.

“Would it help if I took my clothes off too?”

NO!

No comments:

Post a Comment