Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bonus Entry: April Fools 2012


April 1st, 2037

0800

Dear Space Diary.

Been over two weeks since Mary turned up. Since then, things have gone from bad to worse.

The lightdogs returned about a week ago, and boy, they weren’t happy. I’ve never seen a faceless hovering ball of light get angry before, but now I can add that to the list of “Things I have seen, but wish I had not.”

That list is a lot larger than I’d like.

We had just dug down to my spaceship when they attacked. Tight squeeze to fit us both in but it seemed the safest place, being somewhat underground.

The first explosion knocked the Zubrin right on top of us, pushing us down even further.

So now we’re considerably underground.

It’s hard to tell, but from the explosions over the past week I think the lightdogs have been trying to blast us out. The blasts only seem to be punching the Zubrin further into the ground, and us with it.

They gave that up yesterday. Been quiet since then.

No idea why the lightdogs have turned on us. Mary says she doesn’t know, but I think she knows more than she’s staying.

“I’m right here, you know.”

At least Mr Rock is here to keep us company.

Wait, what’s that?

0805

I think that’s cutting lasers. They’re cutting through the Zubrin to get to us.

…Why didn’t they think of that earlier?

Stupid Lightdogs.

0810

They’re almost through. I can see the glow of the lasers.

0815

Part of the Zubrin fell away. Dozens of lightdogs are looming above us.

There’s no escape.

I messaged NASA days ago. They haven’t responded. I don’t know what to do, but I’ve kept sending the logs in the hope that they think of something. We’re out of ideas.

I… think this may be it.

Mary seems quite serene.

“I am serene. I know we’re going to be ok. I’ve got friends of mine coming.

What, who’s coming. Who are your friends?

“You’d like them. They’re just like me.”

What? I don’t know what you –

<INCOMING TRANSMISSION>

__

WE’VE FOUND A SOLUTION TO YOUR PREDICAMENT.

__

<END TRANSMISSION>

Great! NASA to the rescue! What’s the solution?

<INCOMING TRANSMISSION>

YOU NEED TO WAKE UP.

<END TRANSMISSION>

I don’t understand, what do you mean wake… wait, how did you respond straight away? No time delay?

<INCOMING TRANSMISSION>

WAKE UP. WAKE UP. WAKE UP. WAKE UP. WAKE UP. WAKE UP. WAKE UP. WAKE UP. WAKE UP. WAKE UP. WAKE UP. WAKE UP. WAKE UP. WAKE UP. WAKE UP. WAKE UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP @@@DHFKSDAS:SK@!1k@

Fzzt.















“Hey! Wake up!”









“Hello?”











7:00am

I wake up in bed, my wife next to me. I don’t… but I… how did I get?

“There you are. Thought you were going to sleep in. Come on, we’re late for breakfast. Are you ready?”

My God, she’s so beautiful. I’ve missed her so much.

“Are you alright?”

I can’t help but smile. “Yeah I’m alright. I had the most terrible dream…”

THE END.

No comments:

Post a Comment