Monday, September 17, 2012

156th Entry


April 2nd, 2037

1015

Dear Space Diary

You guys ready?

“…”

“Get bent.”

Ok, I’m taking both of those as a yes. 3.0, I’m opening the airlock. Be safe out there.

“Like you care.”

I do care, 3.0. I wish you’d believe that.

“…”

Mary I hear you being silent on the intercom. Are you at the computer?

“Yeah.”

Keep an eye on the engines.  I’ll be watching 3.0 on the monitor. We’ll need to work together if –

“What do you mean. You don’t know anything about the mission. Mary and I know it all. All you know is how to be a –“

Hey!

“…It’s ok, 3.0. Let’s go home. I’m tired.”

“Yeah, yeah. Open the airlock.”

PFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTT

Airlock opened.

“I’m stepping out.”

1020

“I’m on the side, got a good hold.”

Good. Closing airlock now.

“Thanks for that. I couldn’t work that out myself.”

3.0…

“ I think what threw me was when the airlock started closing. I mean, what’s that supposed to mean?”

Enough ok? You’ve got weeks to be angry at me yet. Let’s get you back in the ship safely and then you can go back to being pissed at me.

“…Fine. But only because that’s good advice.”

Good.

“And not because I like you in any way.”

1033

“So.”

So.

“3.0’s been gone awhile.”

It’s slow going. Zero gravity is weird.

“So what is she mad about?”

Er…

“Is it us?”

Well, leaving aside that I’m not sure there is an us –

“You’re not sure?”

- I’m not that keen to discuss it. Certain angry people might be listening in.

“Don’t worry, I turned her mike off.”

What? But how will we know if she’s alright?

“The guy who’s monitoring her on the camera should be able to tell.”

…Oh yeah.

“How’s she doing?”

She’s working away along the ship. Making it look pretty easy.

“Anything else?”

She just poked her tongue out at the camera.

“She’s fine. Why is she mad?”

I may have yelled at her.

“That’s not like you.”

Been a bit out of sorts.

“Why?”

Because you kissed me.

“Pardon?”

Because you kissed me.

“Oh. Was it that bad?”

No!

“There’s the yelling.”

Sorry. It… it just confused me. It spun my head around a little. I don’t know what to make of it.

“It was just a kiss.”

I think from this conversation we can agree it wasn’t.

“…Yeah.”

Yeah.

“So where do we go from here?”

I honestly do not know. Beyond home. I guess we’ll work it out.

“Yeah. Sorry.”

Don’t be. It was… nice. Just unexpected.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well speaking of unexpected…

“It’s the proximity warning. Probably a meteor getting close to the ship. We’ll be safe inside.”


“Oh. Crap. 3.0”

She’ll never get back in time. Is it going to hit us?

“I’ll just do some calculations.”

…Well?

“Yes. “

So we just have to hope it doesn’t hit near her.

“I’ll just do some –“

It’s going to hit her.

“Yes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment