Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Thirty-Fifth Entry


March 10th, 2037

1122

Dear Space Diary.

I’ve got 3 minutes to get back inside my ship.

Only problem is, I can’t find my ship.

I’ve found a ship. But it isn’t mine. This one looks old. Much older than mine. And whereas my ship... whatever it’s called (I probably should keep track of things like that) is spherical, this one is conical.

But it’s silver, like my ship. Whereas everything else here is, well, pink.

You know what? Science later. Being alive now.

1123

WHERE is my ship? It could be anywhere in this rubble.

1124

I’m out of time. Hang on, I think I’ve found the door on the other ship.

1125

It’s open! Who knows what I’ll find inside, but it’s the best shot I’ve got.

1126

Inside. Door locked.

Air is pretty stale. Ugh. But it’s clean. Could definitely do with a recycle though.

1130

I don’t believe this.

This ship is from Earth!

Unless it was built by aliens that looked like us, followed the same basic aesthetics and design as us, and had the same word for “Toilet” as we do.

Speaking of which, back in a minute.

1138

Oh, that’s better.

1150

After some searching I’ve found the main console. Impressively, it still works. My thanks to the inventor of fusion power. That stuff lasts forever.

Took a little hunting through systems, but I  managed to turn the fans back on. Already cooling down in here, and the air’s starting to freshen up a bit.

I wonder if they’ve any food.

1151

Ah ha! A supply closet. I wonder what kind of supplies they – Oh my God.

1153

Well, this is definitely a human ship.

It appears though, that what they keep in their supply closets is, well, humans.

The universe is very ironic at times.

From the state of her (I think it’s a her, but I’m not really that knowledgeable on skeletons to be honest), I'm not sure if it was being kept there or... um... just rolled in there at some point. She seems pretty broken up about it.

I'm sorry, mystery skeleton. That was uncalled for.

I’ve politely shoved her to one side while I search for food.

1204

Nothing. Bugger. Oh well. Six hours to wait, and then I can go looking for my ship.

BEEP!

That came from the cockpit!

The screen is flashing. I must have triggered something.

<INCOMING TRANSMISSION>
__
WHO IS THIS? WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON OUR SHIP?

MARY? IS THAT YOU? WHY HAVEN’T YOU ANSWERED BEFORE NOW?
__
<END TRANSMISSION>

1210

Er, no, this isn’t Mary. Mary’s unavailable.

Who is this?

1240

<INCOMING TRANSMISSION>
__
IDENTIFY YOURSELF IMMEDIATELY. YOU ARE TRESPASSING ON NASA PROPERTY. SELF DESTRUCT SEQUENCE WILL DETONATE IN ONE HOUR IF YOU DO NOT VERIFY.
__
<END TRANSMISSION>

1241

What? NASA? Don’t blow me up! It’s me! From your stupid mission that landed me on this stupid pink planet!

1315

<INCOMING TRANSMISSION>
__
WELL, THIS IS AWKWARD.
__
<END TRANSMISSION>

No comments:

Post a Comment