Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Thirty-Fourth Entry


March 10th, 2037

1100

Dear Space Diary.

Just about to open the ship’s door. So not looking forward to this.

Kidnapped by an alien creature, thrown into a rubbish dump (possibly accidentally), left to rot. I asked NASA to rescue me.

Instead, I’m asked if I wouldn’t mind hopping have a good old dig around in the garbage to see if I can find anything interesting.

They are going to have such a lawsuit on their hands when I get home.

Of course, first I have to get home. And who can do that?

NASA.

1105

So here I am. Standing on garbage.

At least I assume that it’s garbage. Basically a great big pile of rocks, though there are what looks like building struts poking out of the rubble here and there. Some of them are massive. Definitely weight to the idea that there’s something advanced around here. I don’t really see Lightdog building anything, but then, what do I know?

In keeping with the usual fetching colour scheme around here, most of the materials are pink. Guess it doesn’t wash out.

There are a few patches of what appear to be rotting plant matter as well, though it’s primarily rocks and stuff.

Oh, and there’s the smell. Let’s not forget the smell. The turnippy smell of the atmosphere has been mixed with rot, damp, and a rather dense dust to produce a smell not entirely dissimilar to the most disgusting thing you can imagine, only worse.

Next time, NASA, pack space suits. I really can’t stress this enough.

Hmm, speaking of space suits, I should probably get on with this and get back inside. Now, did NASA pack me a shovel?

1107

Of course they didn’t. Bare hands it is. Sigh.

1109

Well, at least this stuff is dry. It’s basically just sorting through rocks.

I’ve wandered over to one of the large pink struts that are sticking out of the rest of the pile. Going to dig it out and see how far it goes. It’s wedged in pretty good, which is probably just as well. It’s not a huge cave, relatively speaking, but the strut stretches all the way up to the roof.

1114

Hmm, this pile is a lot bigger than I thought. I’ve dug down a fair way and there’s no sign of either the end of the strut, or the bottom of the cave.

I wonder how long they’ve been dumping - hang on, what’s that noise?

1115

Well they’re certainly still dumping here, anyway. Nearly got flattened by a large pile of rocks that just dropped down the opening.

Oh well, at least they missed.

1116

What’s that noise?

1117

Forget that noise, why is the ground moving?

Crap, I think the pile’s about to -

1119

…Yep. It did. It gave way.

Everything’s been tossed around. I can see something silver over there though. Good. Have to get inside.

Just need to dig it out and…

1121

This isn’t my ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment