Monday, January 16, 2012

Thirty-Third Entry


March 10th, 2037

0600

Dear Space Diary.

Another two hours, and I still don’t know where I’m being taken by Lightdog, or why.

On the bright side, NASA should be awake soon, so hopefully they’ll have some suggestions.

The horizon’s getting brighter; sun should be coming up in a few hours. Maybe then I’ll finally see where we’re going. I don’t know if this ship has enough solar power to last the night if I leave the headlights on, so I’ve been in the dark about where I’m being taken.

No pun intended.

0630

I think we’re slowing down. Don’t seem to be stopping just yet though.

0640

There we go, stopped. Now hanging in mid-air. I suppose that’s an improvement.

0650

Um, what now, Lightdog?

0700

Hello?

0730

Ok this is both weird, and kind of boring. If I’m going to be kidnapped by an alien life form it should at least be exciting.

I was half expecting to be taken to some kind of settlement, but there’s nothing much here. There does appear to be some caves below me, but they don’t look particularly big. Nothing else around in any direction, apart from the odd pink hill. Just me, the caves, and Lightdog.

0735

Actually Lightdog is looking somewhat the worse for wear. Much, much fainter than when I first saw him.
Maybe it doesn’t like the sun?

0800

Actually, now I look at it, I think it’s getting weaker. The brighter the sun gets, the fainter it gets.

Maybe we weren’t meant to stop here?

Hey, if so, this is great! All I have to do is wait until sun rise, and then hopefully it’ll get weak enough for me to escape!

Just have to be patient.

0830

Hurry up and die!

0845

Sun’s just about to rise I think. Lightdog is almost invisible now.

Hang on. The ship just shifted. I think its hold on the ship is going. I’m almost free!

0847

Hang on. If it lets go, and I’m in mid-air, then…

This is going to hurt.

0923

Yes, yes it did.

0930

So the good news is I’m no longer trapped in the invisible grip of Lightdog.

The bad news is that instead, I’m trapped in a cave. Dropped out of the sky, hit the ground, and rolled right in. Rolling down a small tunnel while inside a small spherical spaceship is not an experience I’d care to repeat.

What’s worse is I’m pretty sure I’ve gone round a few bends, so flying out of here is going to be difficult at best.

At least I can see. There’s a hole in the roof. Not large enough to fly through, sadly. But it lets in the light.

And where am I, exactly?

Well, it appears to be a giant rubbish pit.

I wonder if this could get any worse.

1023

<INCOMING TRANSMISSION>
__
YOU FOUND ALIEN REFUSE? THIS IS AMAZING! GET OUT THERE AND DIG AROUND IN IT.
__
<END TRANSMISSION>

1030

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment