Sunday, February 5, 2012

Forty-Fifth Entry


March 10th, 2037

1710

Dear Space Diary.

Previously I was covered by a closet, two chairs, a table, and some kind of space suit coat rack. Now I’m covered in a large amount of very cold, very blue, very sticky paste.

Oh, AND a closet, two chairs, a table, and some kind of space suit coat rack.

So it’s not really an improvement. Not as such.

The paste is beginning to harden however, which is what I was hoping would happen. With any luck, as it hardens and it increases in size, it will be able to force the rest of this junk off me.

1725

Paste has been going for a good 20 minutes now. That’s a lot of paste. Still not working.

1730

Still nothing, but it’s all drying out pretty quickly. Hopefully will start moving soon. I may need to find a new set of clothes after covering them in all this paste. And hopefully a clothes peg.

Had I mentioned the smell?

1733

I think it’s starting to…

1734

SUCCESS!

Closet is still on top of me but the chairs, the table, the spacesuits and the rack all just slid off. Going to be a heavy lift, but… ugh, yes, I can move the closet ever so slightly.

Now if I can just get my arms under… good… now start to lift… and…

1736

It’s off! I’m free! I’ve escaped! Take THAT, junk pile! Me: 1, Junk Pile: 0. I win. I beat you. I am smarter than you.

…I smell TERRIBLE.

1805

NASA, you really skimped when it came to building my ship. The Zubrin has EVERYTHING. Just had a shower with instant water, using instant soup, and dried off with the instant dryer.

Even though I’m the only one around here (certainly the only one around here with eyes, sorry Lightdogs, Mary), I don’t feel entirely comfortable wandering around naked. Definitely not going outside without clothes. There are certain things I’m prepared to expose to an uncharted, inhospitable alien world.

But that’s not one of them.

1811

There are clothes here, but Mary was a little less muscly than I am.

Alright, less bulky.

Alright, less fat.

Stupid honesty.

1814

There are however, spacesuits in this ship. An essential part of any spaceship, in my humble opinion. NASA clearly disagrees with me, but in this ship, there are spacesuits.

The good ones, too. Not like those giant white monstrosities from the 60s. These are truly one size fits all. If it doesn’t fit, it changes until it does.

And oxygen recyclers! These filter anything useful from the outside atmosphere, combine it with carbon dioxide, and add it to a base store of earth atmosphere concentrate. It’s not infinite but it’s pretty damn good.

This means I’ll now be able to venture outside a little more, without being restricted to 30 minutes out, followed by six hours in.

Comfy, too.

Now I’m pretty much ready to – GAH!

How long have you been watching me, Lightdog?

No comments:

Post a Comment