Friday, February 3, 2012

Forty-Fourth Entry


March 11th, 2037

1545

Dear Space Diary.

Ok, that’s enough paste for the moment, I’m full up.

Things have improved at least. Yes, I’m still trapped under this closet, but at least I’ve eaten. I can relax a little now.

1550

I need to go to the bathroom.

1600

 A lot. Ok, I have to get out from under here.

The console’s been beeping at me nonstop for the past hour as well. I’m guessing there’s a message from NASA waiting. Sorry guys, but I’ve got a lot on my shoulders at the moment. And the rest of me. You’ll have to wait.

So the question is, then, how do I get out from here? It’s too heavy to move. I guess I could wait and hope that the rock pile collapses again and the stuff slides off me. On the other hand, I see a few more heavy looking cupboards that could just as well decide to pile up on me as well.

After all, everyone else is doing it. Even Mary, though she seems to be sulking in the corner since I used her as a grabbing device. Or maybe she just rolled into the corner. She’s only a skull, after all.

1615

Nope. Nothing. That beeping console is getting really annoying though. As is my need to use the facilities.

Maybe some food will help me think.

1617

...Ok, that’s disgusting.

Looks like I forgot to turn the tube off after I finished eating.

There is now a great big pile of blue gunk next me. It smells terrible. And the tube is imbedded in it.

Sigh.

1625

Took some doing, but I’ve managed to get the food tube out. Turns out that stuff goes really hard, really quickly if you just leave it lying around.

What a positively vile substance.

1655

I’m pretty sure I’m going to do some permanent damage myself if I don’t get to the bathroom soon. But I can’t get up, and the alternative is not one I’m prepared to consider at this stage.

Oh brilliant! The rock pile is rumbling again. Come on, shake this stuff off me.

1658

...OW.

The pile of things is where it was, which is on top of me. The other cupboards have yet to join us, which is something.

The large pile of blue gunk, however, decided it’d very much like to get to know me better, and just collided with my shoulder.

Which now bloody hurts. That stuff is really hard.

Hmm.

1702

Now, this seems like a stupid idea. But. If I jam the tube between me and the closet, and turn it on, if this works, it will hopefully harden, and if I keep piling it in there, may be enough to push the closet off me.

If it doesn’t work, I’ll just have covered myself in blue gunk.

I kind of miss being lost in space. It was simpler.

1705

Oh ew. This stuff is gross.

This plan had better work.

1 comment: