Monday, June 18, 2012

120th Entry


March 21st, 2037

1710

Dear Space Diary

Thought of anything yet?

“It’s been ten minutes! Give me a chance.”

Ten dollars for ten minutes. Seems fair.

“Ok, excellent, I’ve come up with an idea!”

Really, already?

“Yes! It does unfortunately involve your untimely demise.”

How does my untimely demise help save the clones?

“Oh you mean an idea to do with helping the clones escape.”

…Yes. Yes I did.

1720

Mary seemed slightly on edge, so I’m taking a walk.

Not especially keen on talking to 3.0 after our last little discussion, so I’ve taken the other stairs, which will put me at the back of the facility.

This is a much longer walk, but also a much less awkward one.

1740

I may have underestimated the longness of the walk.

1750

I’m comfortable with there being less stairs than this in my life. Just saying. In case anyone’s listening.

Preferably someone who’s in charge of stair ratios.

1809

Phew. Finally reached the top. Just need to wait for my breath to catch up with me.

Hurry up, breath.

1816

I’ve never been around this side of the facility before. It’s… well, I won’t say it’s interesting. Because it isn’t. But it’s different at least. There’s even a few buildings here and there. Evidently Mary didn’t go as far as design the facility herself when she sent the lightdogs to build this place. I’m guessing it’s NASA’s original schematics, just altered to account for the “not farming anyone for DNA” factor.

Little detail.

Pretty drab though. It makes sense not to dress things up this far out here where nobody was ever going to see it (though this is a lot further out here than was originally intended), but still, a little aesthetics never hurt anyone, NASA. Nope, let’s go for pinky grey slabs. Sure, why not.

Hmm. All except that one. That one’s bright white, very shiny, and stands out from it’s surroundings. The window is odd, too, very curved and black.

Also it has rocket engines.

…oh.

1820

I’m as close as I dare go. It’s just sitting there. Not doing anything suspicious at all.

I consider that extremely suspicious.

Did NASA’s rescue ship get here at last? And is it actually a rescue ship? Then again, they don’t know that Mary found a way to get the Zubrin home too.

Mind, it’s awfully big for just Mary. In fact, I’ll go further. It’s massive. You could fit hundreds of people in there.

…Or hundreds of people could already be in there. An army of people.

Hang on, wait, that makes no sense. You wouldn’t need to send an army to subdue two people. Mary’s got some fight, but I’m pretty much a pushover.

“Oh there you are. What are you doing all the way up here?”

Don’t move!

“Why?”

That’s a spaceship! NASA’s spaceship has arrived!

“Run!”

Too late, the door’s opening.

1821

It’s open.

It’s…

I don’t believe this.

WOOF!

It’s bloody Bobo the wonder dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment