Thursday, June 21, 2012

124th Entry


March 21st, 2037

2345

Dear Space Diary

The clones are taking the evening to debate and think about options. We stayed and listened to the first half an hour or so, but given they all sound exactly the same it got very difficult to work out who was saying what and who was winning, so we’ve left them to their argument and have come up to the St Mary to sleep.

Kind of hoping they take a few weeks to decide, these beds are comfy.

2352

Sheets! I didn’t realise how much I’ve missed sheets. Sheets are awesome. I love you sheets.

Ok, took that slightly too far. Dial it back a bit. Sheets are awesome. Yes.

March 22nd, 2037

0003

Just about falling –

WOOF

…Yes, Bobo, what can I do for you.

WOOF!

I’m not playing fetch with you. It’s late, and Mary made me clean up all the kiwi fruit from last time. Plus we used up all the kiwi fruit.

WOOOF!

“You know, given NASA put a dog on a spaceship, it’s just possible they included a ball. Dogs need daily exercise after all. How did they keep him fit and happy for the voyage?”

This is true.

“Lock the door when you leave.”

…sigh.

0018

Didn’t so much find a ball as an entire “Dog Exercise facility.” This place is… well, it’s amazing, but also hilarious. I’m pretty sure they spent more on this room than my entire life support system.

NASA’s priorities are worrying, and also a little depressing.

There is a wall of tennis balls. No racquets.

There’s a treadmill which turned a video feed of a footpath in a park that speeds up and speeds down as the dog runs on it.

There’s a mechanical arm, which upon closer inspection appears to exist entirely to throw and catch tennis balls. I’m not the most skilled thrower out there, but it caught everything I threw at it. I had to stop then as Bobo started getting impatient that he wasn’t involved.

Next door is a “human” gym too, but I couldn’t explore that too much without annoying Bobo.

Ok, let’s get this over with so I can get some sleep.

Catch the ball Bobo!


Oh, right. Don’t catch the ball, Bobo.

WOOF!

You’re a weird dog.

0045

So tired. Think I’d better get to bed.

GRRRR

…Damn you Bobo!

0220

Bobo I am about to fall over. PLEASE can I go to sleep now?

GRRRR

Bobo, go to sleep!

ARF!

…Bobo, don’t go to sleep.

ZZZZZZZ.

Victory!

0234

At long last, can get some sleep.

Found a kennel for Bobo and carried him in. He’s quite a cute dog I must say. Way too much energy for his own good though, and this “I will do the opposite of everything I tell you” thing is more than a little strange. Still, will be nice to have a bit more company on the way home.

Goodnight. Straight to sleep for me!

0330

…damn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment