Thursday, June 28, 2012

130th Entry

March 22nd, 2037
2104

Dear Space Diary
“…Can I come with you?”

“We need you. You’ve looked after us. Mary 2.0 raised us, but you gave us life?”

“Well, I kind of just facilitated. NASA created the facility.”

“The first facility.”

“The one I blew up, killing everyone inside.”

“But then you rebuilt from the ashes a new facility, the facility that came after.”

“If you turn me into a religion I will punch you so hard…”

“Please. Don’t get ahead of yourself. But we’d like you to come with us.”

“Thank you. I know you ask out of love, and I really do appreciate it. But I’ve been away from Earth, for over 20 years now. I’ve been away long enough. I’m… I’m tired. I just want to go home.”

“…we understand.”

“Just you, or do you have some kind of weird clone based telepathy powers?”

“WE UNDERSTAND”

Don’t encourage them, Mary.

“It’s ok, Mary. It’s sad you won’t be with us, but you deserve to go home. At least Mary 2.0 is going with us.”

Well, all sorted then! Let’s get you off this ship.

2123

Everyone aboard? Sound off, please!

“Pod 1 full!”

“Pod 2 full!”

“Pod 3 full!”

2127

“Pod 46 full!”

“Pod 48 full!”

Pod 49 full!”

Ok, and Bobo, had the 50th. We’re set! Preparing to launch.

“Hang on, what about Pod 47?”

Pod 47, what’s going on?

“It’s Mary 2.0!”

What about her?

“She won’t fit through the door!”

She’s not that large, what’s the problem?

“It’s my tank, moron. It’s too tall to fit through the door.”

What? Haven’t you finished growing yet?

“I’m sorry if regrowing almost my entire body from scratch is messing with your plans.”

Ok, ok, sorry, that was uncalled for. What if we took the wheels off?

“Still too tall. Besides, you’re too weak to push me through. Also, you don’t have time to be insulted, so let’s just keep moving, shall we?”

Ok, well what if we tipped you on your side, then tried to push you through at an angle?

“I’m not a bookshelf, you idiot, trust me when I say this tank will not fit.”

Well, then you’re going to have to stay. If they don’t leave now, they can’t leave.

“I’m not going to Earth! If I meet NASA I’ll kill them. I want to be as far away as possible from them and all their bloody plans.”

So you’re going to live in a city they built, staffed by robots they made, with clones they grew?

“…Oh shut up. You’re useless.”

TANK DISENGAGED

What are you doing?

“Getting home.”

But you’re not finished regrowing yet?

“It would seem I’ve out of time.”

PSSSSSHHHHHHHHTTTTT

SPLASH

“Um, 2.0?”

“Yes, clones?”

“We are grateful that you raised us, and thrilled your coming with us, but…”

“What?”

“Did you have to open the tank while we were downstream?"
“…Sorry about that.”

2.0, are you ok?

“Fine. Don’t have a leg to stand on, but I’m fine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment