Thursday, March 8, 2012

Fifty-Ninth Entry


March 12th, 2037

1830

Dear Space Diary

I’m going to have to stop the search for today soon. We’re approaching night (although ‘Night’ is about 24 hours here, so I should perhaps instead just say it’s getting dark) and it’s starting to get difficult to see.

The spacesuit does have a flashlight. Not an especially good one.

So far I’ve found no trace. Which seemed odd at first, you’d think there’d be something given how crumbly everything is around here. But then I remembered how fond the Blue Lightdogs are of repairing things. Any trace would have been long ago patched over.

But the main question is where did the ship actually GO? It can’t have just vanished.

1845

Not a huge amount of light left. I left the Zubrin’s headlights on so I can at least see the glow from here, so it should be easy enough to get back, but much less easy to do any actually helpful searching. Unless you’re looking for shadows and banged shins. In which case, I got you covered.

1859

Should probably head back.

1900

…Ok that was a little creepy.

Every single building just lit up as their lights all turned on at once. First it was worryingly dark, now it’s worryingly light.

Still, at least I can keep searching.

1920

Nothing. There’s a LOT of the city I haven’t seen yet, but I’ve seen not a single piece of evidence that it’s anywhere near at all. Which is strange. I can’t help but feel it’s been right under my nose.

1925

There go Green and Blue, busy destroying and rebuilding the city. One of those circle of life things. Green just went through the wall of that building. Blue patched it up like you’d never know something just went through it.

…Hmm.

1930

It’s entirely possible that the ship is inside one of these buildings. It’s reasonably small, and the buildings are reasonably huge. But where to start?

Probably best to start close. If my theory is correct, the ship would have shot out of the tube it was sucked up at quite some speed. Everything’s pretty weak around here, so it could have gone straight through a wall, out the other side, and into a building.

But how many?

I’ll start at the closest building to the exit. Then outwards in a straight line.

1955

Phew. I’d walked further than I thought. Took quite the march to get me back there. Just need to catch my breath for a moment.

1958

Ok. Here’s the first building.

2010

Five floors up. Not much to report. Just room after room. Mostly bedrooms, but there’s been what look like office spaces as well. Nothing works, apart from the lights.

2025

Ten floors up.

2040

Fifteen floors up. All pretty identical. No sign of an oddly out of place spaceship.

Odd, this bed looks like it’s been used. Either that or the Blues are getting sloppy.

Hang on. There’s a name here, too.

“Mary.”

No comments:

Post a Comment