Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sixty-Sixth Entry


March 14th, 2037

1000

Dear Space Diary.

Heading back to the Zubrin. Been a bit of a trek but it looks like I’m almost ready to... Hey! Come back!

1015

Blasted thing. A yellow lightdog must have found my missile and was busily carting it away, presumably to the rubbish pit. I can only imagine what would have happened when it merrily tossed it away.

Got it back. The lightdog resisted a couple of times, then gave up and is heading away. I’m guessing to the other lightdogs. It looks like there are a few stragglers around though finishing up other tasks. I should keep an eye out. Don’t really want anything unexpected to happen while messing around with the missile.

1025

Ok, back outside the Zubrin. Setting up the launch site.

Step 1: Duct tape lightdog to the missile.

Done.

Step 2: Reprogram lightdog with the USB data NASA provided.

Hmm. Appear to have taped over the USB slot. Oops.

1027

Ok, Step One: Un-duct tape lightdog from the missile.

Done.

Step 2: Reprogram lightdog with the USB data NASA provided.

Done.

Step 3: Re-duct tape lightdog to the missile.

Done.

1035

Right. Now it gets a little dangerous.

Step 4: DO NOT PRESS THE ARM BUTTON.

Done.

Step 5: Stand missile upright.

Done.

Step 6: Press the launch button.

Done.

Step 7: Stand back.

And... done!

It’s beeping away merrily. As soon as it reaches ten beeps, it’ll fire straight upwards.

...Into the roof.

...Bugger.

Step 8: QUICKLY PRESS THE LAUNCH BUTTON TO CANCEL.

Done. And just in time.

Ok, I have to get outside somehow.

...But I’m pretty sure the entire city is sealed under the dome. I haven’t seen a single door in my travels. The only way out is down the tubes, and I have nowhere near that much time or patience to trek all the way back to the rubbish pit.

If only the roof opened. This room is sealed from the main city, wouldn’t cause any damage if the roof wasn’t there.

...wouldn’t cause any damage, huh?

1103

Can’t believe I’m doing this again. Reaching into the missile launcher, trying to pull out another missile. This’d be a lot easier if NASA had just designed these things to fire upwards. Sigh.

1130

Never doing that again. I hope. But I got another one out.

Ok, let’s launch this... hmm.


1138

Moved the lightdog/missile inside. Don’t want it being hit by anything.

Now, step 1: Stand the missile upright.

Step 2: Press the Arm button.

Step 3: Freak out a little.

Step 4: Press Launch Button.

Step 5: Run and hide in the corner.

FWOOOOSH...

BANG

Man that’s loud when you’re this close. But the roof is, well gone. Completely. I’m looking up at the sky right now.

1145

Step 1: ...oh forget it. Step 1: Do everything I need to do.

1150

Done!

Missile is beeping slowly. At 10 it’ll launch. 2, 3, 4...

1151

...BLUE!

...DON’T YOU DARE REPAIR THAT ROOF!

No comments:

Post a Comment