Thursday, March 29, 2012

Seventy-First Entry


March 14th, 2037

1800

Dear Space Diary.

I think I’ve finally found my spaceship. The tracking device is going mental.

Only problem is, it’s going mental whenever I point it straight down.

At the floor.

Which is down.

Where it usually is.

Mind you, everything is REALLY crumbly around here. The lightdogs were building to Mars specifications when they made this city. Sadly Splat’s building materials didn’t really measure up to the job.

I’ve already knocked down a building just by running through the wrong wall. And I know I’ve probably gained a few pounds, but I still weigh a LOT less than your average spaceship.

It’s entirely possible that my spaceship got sucked up the recycling tube, spat out onto the floor, promptly smashed right through the floor, and then got freshly plastered over by an oh so helpful blue lightdog. Possibly even the very one that was trying to repair the roof.

I feel better about throwing rocks at it now.

And then the Zubrin didn’t share the same fate… because it landed on top of my spaceship.

So I have two problems.

One. My spaceship is currently buried in a pink cement floor.

Second. My spaceship is under another spaceship.

I should probably solve those in reverse order.

1806

Urrrrgggggghhhh! Hynnnnnnnnnh! Yeeeeeeeeuuuurrrraaggghg!

It’s no good. I can’t shift it.

Gravity is less on Splat than on Earth. I could roll my spaceship around with a good enough push, but the Zubrin is more than double the size, with such luxuries as a shower and more than one room. There’s no way I could move it on my own.

Ok, let’s tackle them in sequential order instead.

1815

Well, say what else you like about NASA and their strange packing plans, they have at least helped me now. Found a shovel in cupboard number 2.

Oh, and a supply of fresh batteries.

You could have mentioned that before, guys.

Oh well, at least if I run out I have more. I could even put some batteries back into Supernovey.

I could. But I won’t.

So, as soon as I work out a way to get the Zubrin out of the way, I can at least have my ship dug out in a couple of days.

Sounds like a fun way to spend the weekend.

1820

Back outside. Seeing if I can wedge the shovel in under the Zubrin and lever it out of the way. Think it’s still going to be too heavy, but I should at least try.

1823

This floor is weak. Like, really weak. It crumbles pretty much as soon as I touch it with the shovel. Can’t get a good hold under the Zubrin.

CLANG

…but it just hit something metal under the floor. Man that’s a good sound. My ship really is down there.

Heavy be damned, I HAVE to get the Zubrin off there. I’m so close to freedom!

Ok, slide the shovel under, and, then carefully, carefully…

“Need a hand?”

…Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment