Monday, March 19, 2012

Sixty-Third Entry


March 13th, 2037

1300

Dear Space Diary.

No further communication from NASA. They appear to be as in the dark on this one as I am.

The skeleton in the closet (I moved it to the closet. It was creeping me out.) is not who I thought it was.

Maybe.

It appears to be the skeleton of a 17 year old girl. Whereas I should be looking for approximately a 35-40 year old skeleton.

But yet, in all other respects, it matches Mary's own skeleton. So what's going on? Who was it? Did they stow away on the ship? For 20 years? Why would they do that?

And... if that's not Mary, then where IS Mary?

It's entirely possible that Mary might not be dead. Which could explain why the system applied her name to the various rooms.

On the other hand it's entirely possible that Mary is still dead, but elsewhere.

It concerns me greatly that this skeleton isn't Mary. I gave her a funeral! And it wasn't even her!

It's disconcerting to not know who's decomposed head you've used as a utensil.

As is that sentence. In every way imaginable.

Either way, I might not be alone out there. That's either very reassuring, or downright terrifying.

Well, asking questions to this log isn't going to solve anything. (Unless NASA feel like contributing? No? Thought not.) I should go out and keep searching for my ship and get out of here. At the same time, I can hopefully find out something about who my unexpected companion is.

No time to waste!

1305

Hang on, it's lunch time.

1320

Hmm. This table is a little wobbly.

1333

Oh hey, I never finished that crossword.

1600

Rather successfully wasted all the time I didn't have. Better get a move on.

1630

Decided I should continue my plan from yesterday, and head in a straight line, keeping an eye out for any signs of my spaceship. Not very likely as I'm pretty sure the Blues will have tidied them all away, but it's about the best chance I've got of finding it before the rescue craft gets here. I could just go home with them, but I don't think NASA will be especially pleased they have to go scouring all over the planet looking for it's homing beacon.

...There's an idea.

1715

Back in the Zubrin again. I'm not procrastinating, I promise.

NASA are working on my suggestion to help me create a localised tracker for the ship's homing beacon. If we succeed, I don't need to search for it, I can just head straight to it.

NASA are having a little difficulty in creating a GPS system for a planet that doesn't have a global positioning satellite in orbit around it. That's a bit of a deal breaker apparently.

1745

INCOMING TRANSMISSION
__

WE HAVE A SOLUTION. WE'RE GOING TO NEED A LIGHTDOG, A MISSILE, AND SOME DUCT TAPE.

__

END TRANSMISSION

1748

...I think I'm going to like this plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment