Tuesday, May 22, 2012

102nd Entry


March 20th, 2037

1545

Dear Space Diary.

Amazingly, Mary 2.0 might have survived her fall after all. I’m actually a little excited to see her again.

Would help if I actually knew where she was though. Downstairs is about as exact as TankMary could put it.

And there are a lot of stairs that go down.

It doesn’t help that she keeps yelling out what she presumably thinks are helpful remarks. Given she’s never left her tank though, her navigation skills are somewhat lacking.

“Try looking under things!”

Thanks for that.

1602

Two good developments.

One, I’m so far down that I can’t hear TankMary anymore.

Two, I’ve found Mary 2.0. Or, what’s left of her anyway.

Turns out only some of here survived the fall. She’s um, not all there. What IS there has been put in an unused growth tank, connected up to some tubes. Just a head a most of a torso.

Ew.

She’s alive. I’m not sure how much though. Hey eyes are open. I tapped the glass a couple of times and her eyes focussed on the noise, then drifted away again.

Kind of cruel in a way. I don’t really know why the lightdogs did it. Maybe they just saw a clone and thought it needed to go back into a tank. Who knows what those things are up to this days.

…Like the one that’s been hovering behind me for I don’t know how long. That’s not creepy all.

It’s just pushed past me, like I wasn’t even there. Almost knocked me over. It’s floating over to Mary.

Wait, what’s it doing with that needle?

…EW.

It… it just… stabbed Mary with the needle! Right in the tank!

It’s taken some of her blood. She really doesn’t have a lot of it. She barely seemed to notice though. Just bobbing away in her tank. She really is in a bad way.

The lightdog has floated over to a console. It’s plugged in the needle. The sample is gone.

I wonder what the purpose of that was? They’ve got lots of Marys.

Actually…

1610

I was right, the tanks are empty a few levels down. They must have run out of DNA to clone with.

Mary 1.0 is back in the city, so I guess they used the closest thing they could find, which was Mary 2.0.

…Can you make a clone out of a clone? Apparently. I wonder if that has any side effects.

1615

Back in Mary’s room. They must have been farming her for samples all this time.

Why are the lightdogs doing this? And… what happened to all the original clones? Surely there was more than two?

The lightdog just left the room. It doesn’t seem to know or care that I’m here.

Oh Mary. How can I help you? Can I even help you. You’re little more than a vegetable. Maybe it would be best if I just… found the off switch.

“Who you calling a vegetable?”

What?

“Moron.”

No comments:

Post a Comment