Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Third Entry


January Est, 0327

K3#1

Dear Space Diary

Approximately 48 hours since we fired the ftl drive.  Turns out travelling faster than light is nowhere near as uncomfortable as accelerating to faster than light. Travelling ftl feels the same as travelling on rocket fuel. Speed a bit more pronounced, and things outside the window actually look like they’re moving now.

Accelerating to faster than light feels like being eaten by a blender. Note to people in lab: You might want to work on that.

The clock, as you may have noticed NASA, is still broken. I’m going by my wrist watch and I have no idea what zero gravity does  to the clockwork, but I’m pretty sure it’s been two days. So I’ve been up here for nearly a week now, if I’m counting correctly. Monkeys can count, can’t they?

No communication from NASA since we went to ftl, so I’m guessing the communication systems may have been affected. No way of testing that hypothesis though, because the only people who could verify that information are on Earth and not in the capsule with me. Nice going, guys.

Just in case you can hear me NASA, I’m going to vent a little. I am very, very bored, and my legs hurt. Would it have killed you to add a little leg room? I don’t even know why you bothered strapping me into this chair; I’ve got nowhere to move even if I could get up. It’s basically me, a chair, a window, four walls, and your delightful collection of tubes. Economy Class would seem overly spacious compared to this.

Time for a nap.

J%4*

You can’t tell from the clock, but it’s been an hour. Fix the clock, NASA.

From the irate call I just received, it turns out the communication systems are working perfectly. NASA just didn’t particularly want to talk to me. Mission proceeding on schedule, I should be passing Mars in three days or so. Somewhat frustrating that - even travelling faster than light - it still will take two and a half weeks to get to the edge of the solar system. I know that’s incredibly fast. Still. 

January Frd, 0327

QQ@3

If my watch is right, it’s your birthday today. I’m so sorry, I wanted to be there. I'm so alone. I don’t think anything could cheer me up today.

1122

Oh good, the clock’s fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment